Are you a Digital Nomad and you love traveling? Then this is important for you: since December 22, 2022, the long-awaited Startups Law has been published in the BOE (Boletín Oficial del Estado, state official Gazette), through which it is possible to request a new visa for international workers. This will allow to work remotely from Spain with an important tax relief.
This law is inside new entrepreneurial plan in Spain, you can get more information here
This law thus introduces a new visa for those foreigners who want to live in Spain and continue working, both as employees and as self-employed for companies that are outside Spain. This visa is thus regulated within the Law of Entrepreneurs.
Requirements to get the Digital Nomad visa in Spain
These are the main requirements to get this Visa:
- Documentation proving that the employment or professional relationship can be carried out remotely.
- The companies you work for must not be located in Spain. You can still work for Spanish companies if the income received in Spain is not more than 20% of the total you earn.
- You must prove that you have been working for that company or have had a relationship as a freelancer for your clients for at least 3 months prior to applying
- Contract with this same company for at least 1 year
- You need to demonstrate your experience and expertise on the work you will perform. Demonstrate 3 years of experience related to your work prior to the application, or be a graduate or postgraduate of high prestige or business schools.
- Like with other visas and permissions, you cannot have a criminal record, nor be prohibited from entering Spain. You must provide your criminal record certificate, with a minimum validity of 90 days.
- Proof of the absence of a criminal record in the last 5 years
- Fill in the corresponding application form located in the government web
- Pay the corresponding fee, in this case the number 038, model 790
- Private health insurance, with full coverage throughout Spain
- Bank certificate proving you have at least €26,000 for the main applicant (and €7,000 for each additional family member)
Digital Nomads in Spain: travel time!
We, digital nomads, work wherever we want 🧑🏽💻👨💻 As former digital nomads in other countries like UK, Switzerland and Beligum, we know how difficult it is to settle in a new country. Not having our friends and family around when we have a bad day is not easy. In addition, sometimes the feeling of loneliness can appear.
In Masaya we created a community of friends specialized in people who travel alone (digital nomads, remote workers and solo travellers) who meet, travel and practice activities together. On each trip we make new friends, share experiences and discover new destinations!
As a newcomer to Spain, in Masaya we organize local trips where you can discover the main Spanish cities, meet other digital nomads and make new friends, with activities as the central axis. In some cases, our trips allow balance between traveling and working, so we strongly believe in co-working and traveling!
Periodically we organize activities throughout the country that will allow you to learn a little more about this beautiful country, our culture and customs.
So join us or contact us to get more information!